Sync subscriber data to Mailchimp
You can send subscriber data automatically from Subsail to Mailchimp so you can send targeted campaigns.
Set up a connection
From within Subsail, create a new connection (link below) sign in to Mailchimp, then select your Mailchimp lists to send data to.
Subscriber data will be sent straight away after the connection has been created. Subscriber information will also be synced whenever data changes within Subsail (eg: if someone buys a new subscription or makes a successful renewal).
You can create as many Mailchimp connections as you need.
When you add a new connection to Mailchimp, you will be asked if you want Subsail to create special merge tags in your Mailchimp list. These merge fields will receive extra information about each subscriber in your list, so you can make segments and send target campaigns from within Mailchimp
These merge fields are:
- Total subscriptions (“SUBS”, text field)
- Has active subscription (“ACTIVESUB”,
- Original source (“SOURCE”, text field)
- Marketing consent from Subsail (“MKCONSENT”,
- Issues in subscriptions (“SUBISSUES”, text field) — a list of issue numbers that this person has purchased as part of their subscriptions
- Unsent future subscription issues (“UNSENTFUT”, text field) — a list of issue numbers that have bought but not been sent
The last two fields contain numbers surrounded by quote marks, like
"10","11","12". As an example of how to use these fields in Mailchimp segments,
Issues in subscriptions
"12" will find subscribers who have bought issue 12.
An example segment you can create using these merge fields in Mailchimp is a segment for all subscribers with active subscriptions: